At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!As aviation steps into the modern age, advanced algorithms, sensors, and software are playing a much more significant role in delivering aircraft capability. That is especially true for our next generation eVTOL air taxi, which relies on a sophisticated suite of intelligent software combined with novel sensors to fly itself. And we want you to help build it.We’re looking for an autonomous systems expert to help drive our integration of various perception sensors and associated processing software for our intelligent self-flying air taxi. You have a deep understanding of the operating fundamentals and practical limitations of sensors including cameras, radar, and lidar. You know the signal processing techniques and algorithms used to reduce the data and extract features from these sensors. You will help integrate multiple sensing modalities in order to prevent collisions. You will develop tracking and estimation algorithms to develop a consistent map of all hazards. You will leverage modeling and simulation to evaluate technologies, define requirements, and test your software. And of course, you’ll test what you build in flight.
Within 3 months you will
- Get to know key people on the team
- Take on early development tasks to gain exposure to the project
- Develop an understanding of the needs of hazard perception for our aircraft
- Evaluate potential technologies and available products
Within 6 months you will
- Create plans to adapt and mature technologies to our air taxi application
- Developing detailed logical architectures
- Prototype sensor fusion and estimation algorithms
- Build models and simulations to refine performance requirements and test software
Within 12 months you will
- Continue to develop our design and analysis tools
- Understand emergent behavior and deeper safety impacts through monte carlo simulations
- Demonstrate in flight capability of integrated sensors and algorithms
- Perform surveys of the latest technology in industry and academia
- Design and execute trade studies to evaluate and select sensors and supporting software
- Design, develop, and test algorithms in a high level coding language
- Develop models and simulation environments
- Work closely with software engineers to develop performant, compliant, and robust implementations
- Design and execute integrated tests of the sensors and software in simulation and in flight demonstrations
Compensation and Benefits:
- At least 5 years in industry or academia developing highly automated vehicles or perception systems
- B.S. in related engineering field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Solid foundation of physics, mathematics, probability, and statistics.
- Applied experience in machine learning and/or machine vision preferred.
- Working knowledge of state estimation and sensor fusion concepts.
- Coding experience in Python, Matlab, and C++.
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $154,556 - $236,170
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.