Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description:
Form Energy’s Software Product Management & Design team collaborates closely with Software Engineering to build innovative apps and tools that touch every part of Form’s product experience and company operations. As a product manager, you’ll own a suite of software products, features, and tools that enable Formware: Form’s capacity expansion and economic dispatch modeling tool. Form’s advanced grid modeling capabilities are instrumental to our mission: they allow us to maximize the value our batteries can deliver, to understand the role they will play in the future power system, and communicate our value effectively to stakeholders across the energy industry. Early projects may include implementing the product strategy for Formware’s optimization service, prototyping new analytics scenarios and simulation use cases, and collaborating with the policy and hardware product management teams to incorporate advanced functionality into Formware to support future product versions. This is a unique opportunity to be a pivotal player on a growing team directly impacting climate change.
What You'll Do:
- Own and maintain the Formware product roadmap
- Be a central node and conduit for alignment and forward progress across teams
- Identify, evaluate, and deliver on opportunities to productize the Formware optimization engine
- Drive prioritization of features and product development
- Develop thorough product requirements and artifacts
- Represent the product and Software and Analytics teams to internal and external stakeholders - collaborate directly with cross-functional teams across Form Energy
- Be an advocate for the product and contribute to the creation of product artifacts, documentation, and demos that support its broader use and adoption
What You'll Bring:
Form Energy, where possible, embraces a digital work environment and supports onsite, hybrid, and remote types of work with office locations in Somerville, MA (Greater Boston), Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area), and Eighty Four, PA (Greater Pittsburgh). #LI-DNI
- Technical product management experience working with software engineering, data engineering, UX/UI design, and data science teams
- Past experience working with algorithm-driven products, forecasting, optimization, and simulation
- Past experience with analytics and data science end-users, workflows, best practices, tools, and data processing needs
- Empathy for end-users and a curiosity to deeply understand their needs and varying perspectives/experience
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement instincts
- Track record of managing one or several products, leading to hard-won wisdom about how to balance your attention across day-to-day tactics and long-term strategy
- An entrepreneurial approach to decision-making and prioritization that blends evidence-based rigor with the pragmatism to move forward based on incomplete information
- Strong resonance with Form’s value of “clear-eyed optimism”, and a knack for surfacing risks and opportunities when collaborating with people in a wide range of job roles
- Exposure to power sector system modeling and planning tools, electricity markets, utilities, energy policy, or a willingness, enthusiasm, and aptitude to become an expert
- Background in renewables and energy storage or a strong desire to learn
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.