Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Software Engineering team at Form builds innovative internal and customer-facing tools that touch every part of Form’s product and company. We’re a Python/React/AWS shop and use a modern data stack including Snowflake and Dagster. Form Energy’s iron-air battery storage technology is ready to leave the lab and be deployed in the field—the missing link is our ability to manufacture our battery systems at scale. To get there, we’re building factories for the 21st century, with software and data built in from the start. The Operations Software Engineering team will be responsible for the suite of cloud software products that safely and efficiently runs the factory floor, orchestrates the flow of inventory, enables data-driven process improvement, and more. As a founding staff software engineer of the Operations Software Engineering team, you’ll envision, grow, and guide a new team of software engineers to execute this challenge. This is a unique opportunity to leverage and expand your software, operations, and technical leadership experience to make a direct impact on climate change as part of a fast-growing team. This is a remote/hybrid position with travel and can be based from either our Berkeley, CA location, our Eighty Four, PA (Greater Pittsburgh Area), our Somerville, MA location, or remotely from other approved locations.
What You'll Do:
- Build the technical vision and development roadmap for a software ecosystem to run a modern manufacturing company, with a bias to buy where possible and build where Form’s needs are differentiated
- For third-party software, participate in vendor evaluation, system implementation, and system integration
- For homegrown software, guide your team to design, deliver, scale, and evolve appropriate solutions to wide-ranging technical challenges, including web tools, data pipelines, dashboards, and libraries
- Lead and develop a diverse, high-performing, highly engaged software engineering team
- Represent your team in collaborations with Facilities, Finance, Manufacturing, Product, Supply Chain, and other Software Eng teams to align roadmaps and take accountability for team priorities
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for our mission!
- 8+ years of professional software engineering industry experience, including software design and architecture and technical leadership
- Experience leading the development of data-intensive or real-time software systems and proficiency in our development tech stack: Python, React, AWS, and SQL
- Experience integrating third-party enterprise software systems, leading to a keen eye for spotting the gaps between systems and a robust toolkit to fill the gaps
- Background in manufacturing, warehousing, inventory, logistics, or similar, or a strong desire to learn. If you’re not familiar with terms like ERP, OEE, PLC, SPC, MES, and QMS, you will be soon after you join!
- Ability to work from or frequently travel to the Pittsburgh PA region to solve problems and identify opportunities on the factory floor
Form Energy, where possible, embraces a digital work environment and supports onsite, hybrid, and remote types of work with office locations in Berkeley, CA; Eighty Four, PA; Somerville, MA. #LI-DNI The California salary range for this role is $159,620-$196,880. The Massachusetts salary range for this role is $152,680-$188,320. The Pennsylvania salary range for this role is $138,800-$171,200. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.