Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for hands-on individuals to join our Technical Operations team to support our pilot electrode production team. In this role, you will temporarily report to one of our shift teams to enable an around-the-clock production cycle to support a rapid production ramp. In this role, you will work to produce, document, and characterize electrodes for our product scale batteries. This workstream will directly support the development and optimization of electrodes for eventual scale-up in our Pennsylvania based manufacturing site. At that point, you will join our day shift team and support broader research operations. You will make keen observations on process anomalies, recommend process improvements, and articulate findings to our electrode process development team for further analysis.
What You'll Do:
- Execute chemical and material processes according to established SOPs, including disassembly of experimental prototypes/test fixtures for sample preparation
- Support development scientists and engineers by stocking, cleaning and maintaining key consumables and equipment
- Analyze samples and execute characterization measurements
- Continuously improve the process for existing production and analysis protocols
- Lead and participate in laboratory organization events
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with chemical hygiene, safety best practices
- Flexible with changes in schedule and ability to self-manage
- Experience using Microsoft Suite and Google Apps
- Ability to lift 50 lb, climb ladders and work on step stools
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.