At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Staff Software Certification Engineer to join our team who has extensive experience in working with full DO-178 B/C software life cycle, is passionate about and utilizes experience in defining software certification strategies for our new class of all-electric, eVTOL aircraft. You will be part of the Software Certification team within the Software and Automation Group that is responsible for certification of Embedded Software for the Aircraft and Ground Control Station.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Staff Software Certification Engineer to join our Software Certification team. The goal of a Staff Software Certification Engineer at Wisk is to define software means of compliances for airborne and ground based systems, define software certification strategies such as multiple-partition Operating System (OS), multi-core processor usage, develop software plans and processes, guide software team for compliance to DO-178C and its supplements (DO-330, DO-331, etc), responsible for technical collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, interacting with certification authorities, and responsible for software certification to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate has extensive and wide range of experience and will be comfortable with technical discussions with cross functional teams (such as Systems & Safety Engineering, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing, Test, and Certification) and within software team, suggesting alternative/novel methods and in many cases help and guide the team to understand the certification aspects required for software airworthiness. In this role, the candidate must be proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated with the ability to inspire.
What you will do:
- As part of the Software and Automation Group organization, and deployed in a Software Certification team you will act as a Staff Software Certification Engineer for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will define software certification strategies that intersect with other functional stakeholders such as Systems and Hardware by interacting with these teams, to understand their requirements, architecture and processes
- You will identify means of compliances for software certification and applicability to various certification authorities (FAA being the main focus)
- You will interact with certification authorities, develop software audit schedules, lead the software team during preparation, software audits (SOI#1 to SOI#4) and closure of audit findings
- You will collaborate with SW team in defining development, verification and tool qualification strategies
- You will author and collaborate on developing software certification plans (PSAC, SDP, etc), standards (Software Requirements, Modeling, and Code) and help build company process assets
- You will interact with technical suppliers, as needed, for certification needs of any 3rd party software that may be applicable
- You will interact with Program teams at Wisk to keep the overall company vision and schedule aligned
- You will mentor SW team members on software certification aspects.
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics discipline
- 10+ years of hands on experience in embedded software design and certification for safety critical systems
- You have proven certification experience in DO-178 B/C, in working with multiple certification authorities (FAA, EASA, TC, etc) and leading SW team through multiple SOI audits
- You have great interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), passionate, ability to learn and guide the team
- You have proven success to work with geographically dispersed team
- Any knowledge of ARP4754 and DO-254 certification is a plus
- You are familiar with ARP4754 and DO-254 certification
- You have FAA certification
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $148,288 - $226,593
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.