Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are seeking a Systems Test Engineer to join the Systems team, which owns the development of the enclosure and accompanying subsystem design for Form Energy’s commercial product. In this role, you will focus on the validation of thermal, chemical, airflow, and mechanical concepts with the ability to grow your knowledge in these different areas as you interact with subject matter experts. You’ll help design and build prototypes and test assets with in-house capabilities to quickly test, validate and iterate on designs. The responsibilities include testing for specific requirements through collaboration with other disciplines to validate and present the results to help guide and improve the design. This is a unique opportunity to develop a broad range of skills while doing your part to fight climate change!
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of subsystem test stands and contribute to the design of prototype used for internal testing and performance development by drafting functional
- requirements, test plans, and running an effective testing protocol
- Wrangle and automate data analysis from test stands, thermal simulations, prototypes to enable data-based decision making
- Support subsystem testing by writing test scripts, troubleshooting and resolving failures, and maintaining components on test
- Lead efforts to track performance using statistical analysis tools to identify test stand variability
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of mechanical design and testing experience
- Proficiency in defining and executing test plans
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python and/or MATLAB
- Strong communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization including remote team members
- Enjoys a fast paced work environment
- Battery and fabrication experiences are a plus
The salary range for this role is $138,805-$171,120. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.