Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Program Manager to drive the design and execution of our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. You will be an extension of the senior leadership team and will drive collaboration between factory engineering, manufacturing, construction and operations teams to ensure our plans are aligned and critical paths are tackled as effectively as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to execute on the FormFactory as a fully integrated product with the ambition to enable the most advanced high volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area
What You'll Do:
- Drive the factory planning, design, construction, manufacturing integration to the factory and ramp through handover to operations teams.
- Own factory Plan of Record and scope definition by integrating comprehensive factory requirements, layouts, and goals.
- Own the factory scoping efforts by pulling together cross functional teams, understanding their needs, driving technical planning, defining options/trade offs/cost/schedule/impacts, and securing alignment.
- Own program schedule, requirements, and reporting tools for visibility on progress, risks, changes, etc.
- Be the bridge that secures program alignment across large cross functional teams: various manufacturing teams, production, factory engineering, construction, facilities, material flow, workplace and people spaces, and more.
- Fundamentally understand technical stakeholders' requirements and translate them into project scope with clear execution plan and responsibilities.
- Drive leadership reviews, funding requests & cross function investigations and studies.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of engineering experience on manufacturing and industrial projects from concept to delivery.
- Expertise in factory design, manufacturing, material flow and construction.
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated application of project and program management fundamentals to complex engineering problems.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills with the ability to understand complex problems and distill the message into a clear plan.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and decision-making abilities.
- Experience managing conflicting objectives and compressed timelines within complex industrial project execution.
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Positive mindset and a passion for manufacturing infrastructure.
- Thrives under pressure and in ambiguous environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics or equivalent.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.