Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We're looking for a Manufacturing Systems Engineer to design and build apps that will radically improve our R&D operations. You will take the lead in building out workstation applications and other elements of our Manufacturing Execution System using the Tulip low-code app-building platform
. Your work will focus on app-building and back-end programming with Tulip’s user-friendly system to support Form Energy’s technical operations team. Reporting into the Senior Manager of Technical Operations, you will collaborate closely with process engineers and technicians on our R&D processes, the advanced manufacturing team, and a number of other teams to build and improve solutions. We hope you join us in making giant batteries to tackle climate change!
What You'll Do:
- Own the development, deployment, and iteration of front-line applications built with the Tulip platform with a focus on SOP/traceability apps. This includes designing user interfaces, building backend logic, performing app testing, and overseeing deployment of apps to the line including training of technicians.
- Perform user research in the R&D environment to determine what new applications or changes to applications to prioritize
- Build the data storage system in the Tulip Tables environment
- Work with the software team to support integration requirements and ensure data quality standards
- Maintain the deployed Tulip apps as they are changed or modified based on Engineering Change Orders, productivity upgrades, equipment changes, etc
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience working with technicians and engineers in a lab or manufacturing environment
- Affinity for front-end app development or other software work and general computer experience
- Programming/coding experience is not required but is a plus; Tulip is a low-code development environment and can be learned quickly given general computer experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and readiness to interact with a wide range of other professionals
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.