The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
The Product Lead will be responsible for building a technology platform and products to serve our three key stakeholders: homeowners, installer-partners, and our internal team.
To succeed at Elephant Energy, you must be energetic, organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building and making things better. You will be accountable for the success of internal and external projects. You embrace a team ethic and are capable of being self-directed to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
As Product Lead you will:
- Oversee the successful delivery of technology-powered products and services. For example, how we size heating and cooling loads for a home is a bit arcane, manual, and yet incredibly important to electrifying homes. You’ll dig deep on building science to help us upgrade how we help homeowners decide what equipment and upgrades are best for their homes.
- You are accountable for the entire project scope, the product requirements, the project team and resources, the project budget, and the success or failure of the project.
- Own our Product Roadmap; work directly with homeowners, installer-partners, and our internal teams to deeply understand problems and decide what to build. For example, how we ingest data about a home and turn that into a Scope of Work today is very manual and error-prone. How can we reliably remotely diagnose and scope project requirements without visiting a home?
- Build and deploy!
About You (General Requirements):
- 2-4 years experience in product development.
- AND 2-4 years experience in software engineering.
- You have a strong product development toolkit including voice of the customer research and you’re ruthless about product-feature prioritization.
- You have experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent experience working with engineering resources.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a genuine self-starter; you get stuff done and promptly.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities.
- You’re passionate about changing the world via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have (Pluses):
- Working knowledge of or interest in building science, electrification, construction, or the trades.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and is passionate about impacting sustainable change in the future of energy.
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People-driven culture
- Pay commensurate with experience; Salary range $90k -140k
- Stock / Equity options
To apply: Send resume, your LinkedIn, any personal blog / Github data, and an email describing your interest in working together to email@example.com; Subject: Product Lead