Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an exceptional engineering leader who will grow and lead our Building Systems factory engineering team. You and your team will be responsible for conceptualizing, engineering and executing on the Civil Structural Architecture infrastructure for our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to build a strong engineering team, methods and deliver the factory infrastructure needed to achieve the most advanced high volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Relocation assistance available.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead the factory engineering team, consisting of civil, structural, architectural, fire protection and design management engineering disciplines
- Hire, organize, train, support and lead the CSA factory engineering team, as well as manage external engineering consults
- Your ambition is to build the strongest engineering team in the company. Set goals, core principles, culture of innovation, procedures and high expectations to enable highest team performance.
- Responsible for designing and executing on the factory infrastructure needed to build and ramp our battery manufacturing factories, fully integrated to the manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, all: civil (site planning, development and utilities, roads, site flow and logistics), structural (building structure, foundations, equipment/utilities supports), architectural (master plan, factory design, life safety, people spaces), and design management and fire protection.
- Manage permitting relationships, strategy and deliverables with our Jurisdictions
- Responsible for delivering design packages that meet manufacturing, safety, code, schedule and constructability requirements for permitting and construction
- Support the successful execution of the factory infrastructure. You will be working from the factory site.
- Engineer of Record (EOR) for some projects (if licensed)
- Build effective relationships to ensure alignment with other leaders and company goals
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in CSA infrastructure engineering, delivering on large industrial and manufacturing projects; 5+ years leading engineering teams.
- Proven experience and expertise in developing large industrial infrastructure (green field buildouts, site development, brown field retrofits, Interior Tenant improvements), ideally in support of high-volume manufacturing.
- Experience in EPC Environment (Engineering, Procurement & Construction), leading engineering discipline(s), delivering engineering packages to construction, built and commissioned. Construction experience is a strong plus.
- Experience developing strategies and managing jurisdictions to expedite project execution.
- Professional engineer (P.E.) or architectural license or the ability to receive it.
- Experience in the preparation permit drawings and engineering specifications. Proficiency to prepare and complete deliverables using REVIT or AutoCAD.
- Strong understanding of local and national technical and safety standards and codes.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and decision-making abilities.
- Experience managing conflicting objectives and compressed timelines within complex industrial project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Architect or equivalent.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.