At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Staff/Senior Staff Power System Engineer to work with a team of electrical engineers developing the energy storage and power distribution system for an electric eVTOL aircraft. You will be helping the design and development of the power electronic assemblies for both low and high voltage, including the power distribution network and circuit protection architecture for the aircraft.
What you will do:
- Participating in design, development, analysis and trade studies on the Energy Storage and Power System (ESPS) Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Perform power electronics concept development, architecture trade studies, requirements development, detailed performance analysis, optimization and key component specification.
- Participate in design, development and testing of the aircraft low voltage and high voltage protection and distribution system.
- Participate in design, development and testing of the battery management systems.
- Participate in design, development and testing of the DC/DC power conversion system.
- Perform weight optimization throughout the ESPS electrical power, protection and distribution system.
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout and electrical analysis for the ESPS electrical power, protection and distribution system.
- Develop control algorithms and conduct performance testing of the power electronics and propulsion systems.
- Make recommendations to continually improve our design, development and testing processes.
What you have done:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, with 10 years of experience, (MS or PhD counts towards years of experience)
- The prior experience designing and testing of high power electrical systems includes:
- DC/DC power conversion systems
- Power distribution networks
- Aircraft protection schemes for both low and high voltage systems
- High Voltage battery management and energy storage systems
- Developing multi-kilowatt power electronics
- Designing weight optimizing high power inductors
- Designing mitigations for (and troubleshooting of) EMI/EMC issues
- A good grasp of analog and digital hardware development; including DO-160 and DO-254 processes for design, validation and verification (qualification).
- Ability to model, simulate and optimize performance of electrical circuits.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with weight minimization is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with ECAD tools Altium designer (or equivalent).
- Experience developing thermal management for power electronics.
- Experience writing and executing test procedures for design validation and verification (qualification).
- Familiarity with DO-311
- Familiarity with the latest SiC and GaN power electronic devices.
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $124,236 - $189,840
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.