Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We’re looking for a Senior Equipment Engineer to join the pilot manufacturing team responsible for scaling up equipment and process. This team is responsible for taking newly developed processes and equipment to full scale to manufacture electrodes for Form Energy’s commercial product.
You will be responsible for the troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment at new production facilities. Initially, you will focus on the development of furnaces, presses, and ancillary temperature control and safety systems for processing of battery materials. You will bring a wealth of equipment troubleshooting and creativity used to develop world class, fully automated equipment. As we design, build, and ramp up equipment operations, expect to become deeply entrenched in the intersection of equipment design, process engineering, and materials engineering, as the team works toward a common goal of manufacturing high performance electrodes, in high volume. This is an exciting opportunity to design novel equipment while doing your part to help combat climate change!
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Partner with development and operations teams to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Identify process improvements via equipment optimization
- Own the design, development, build, and deployment of high temperature manufacturing equipment ranging from initial prototyping equipment to fully automated and integrated systems used for high volume manufacturing
- Collaborate with process and controls engineers in the start-up and debugging effort for manufacturing equipment and processes at new production sites
- Work with a diverse set of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in equipment design, commissioning and troubleshooting
- BS required in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in the troubleshooting of high temperature furnaces and processing systems
- Experience in designing precision motion control systems carrying high loads, and operating at high temperatures
- Experience designing equipment used in hazardous locations containing combustible dusts or gasses
- Experience and familiarity with PLC hardware programming, troubleshooting, and configuration for automated systems
- Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to experimental design and process development
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.