AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. AMP also has operations and career opportunities outside of Atlanta and Cleveland, as well as in Europe. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Quality Engineer reporting to the Head of Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Continuous Improvement to focus on all areas of the Quality function and provide support within Operations. Support development of the Quality Management system, striving for best in class products and business practices.
As our Quality Engineer, you will work to:
- Lead the quality function from new product conception through to warranty analysis to ensure a proactive culture so that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible.
- Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver strategic goals.
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers and research/design and development, and define the metrics required to assess performance against standards required.
- Actively lead the reduction of Customer non-conformances (NC's), Warranty, Cost of Quality and in-house scrap and waste.
- Implement new quality processes and systems where appropriate.
- Assist in continuous improvement activities throughout the business ensuring that problems are prevented and that customer requirements are met with any problems resolved effectively and economically.
- Work to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework alongside Manufacturing/ Engineering and Operations to develop corrective and preventative actions within required time-frame.
- Support development of the Quality Management System, updating procedures and training team members where required.
- Maintain procedures and processes, ensuring company wide compliance to local, legal and customer specifications and standards.
- Ensure that corrective actions are delivered and non-compliance issues are resolved on time
- Support improvement and communication protocols within all systems and processes across the business.
- Review all new potential business for feasibility and profitability, and any SDS (System Design Specification) project management milestone reviews to ensure success on quality, cost and timing.
- Support project management in cross functional activity required for project execution.
- Report on Quality activities on a regular basis to the Leadership team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- No Supervisory responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering /quality engineer experience including assembly, fabrication, capacity planning, supplier qualification, supplier management, supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and QBRs
- Work experience in a high-mix, low volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills required
- Knowledge of quality practices and procedures, including use of metrics and statistical analyses
- Knowledge of ERP processes and systems; experience with web-based ERP systems
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Six Sigma concepts and methodologies
- Ability to evaluate data, resulting in corrective and preventive actions
- Effective communicator, problem solver, and self-starter; works well in a team environment
- Must be results oriented with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to maintain positive company image and brand.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, Google suite, and other work-related software
- Excellent project management skills.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE).
- Six Sigma Certified (Green or Black Belt).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related Engineering discipline (preferred Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree) from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering /quality engineer experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield CO 80020
- Up to 20% domestic travel.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $75,000 - $90,000
Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- Seven (7) paid holidays