Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Quality Technician based in Eighty Four, PA will perform a vital role as a hands-on quality inspector at Form Energy. You will work directly with Production/Operations, Plant Quality Control, Supplier Quality, and the Warehousing teams to ensure the quality of our pilot builds and be directly involved in our scale up of operations. This role is an excellent opportunity to play a special role in the early development of Form Energy’s new products.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Perform quality inspections on processes and products at the Eighty Four, PA facility in your assigned area.
- Input inspection results into our Quality Management System.
- Assist with performing supplemental quality checks and resolution of Non-Conformances in the pilot build operation.
- Provide feedback on quality procedures and tools to achieve continuous improvement.
- Have an eye for quality and flag changes or concerning variations in materials.
- Be a champion for safety in all of their work.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years experience in heavy manufacturing assembly or quality inspection.
- Experience using industry standard metrology & test tools such as micrometers, gauges, temperature readings, etc.
- Experience using and inputting data into computerized systems.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to ISO or other quality systems is preferred but not required.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.