About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Seed Treatment Application Lab Supervisor
Location: Product Success Center; St Louis, MO (actual location is Hazelwood, MO)
We are seeking a Lab Supervisor to join the Pivot Bio Product Innovation team in its mission to replace synthetic nitrogen fertilizers with seed-applied nitrogen-fixing microbes resulting in improved crop/nitrogen management that is both convenient and profitable to growers.
As a critical member of the Pivot Bio Product Innovation team, you will be part of a team that develops innovative and sustainable solutions to crop management challenges.
This position will work with the research and commercial teams to conduct research resulting in the development and delivery of pre-commercial and commercial products.
- Ability to develop and manage protocols for the application of microbial technologies using lab and commercial seed applied and in-furrow planter equipment
- Operate and maintain lab and commercial seed-treatment applicators, and commercial in-furrow planter equipment
- Ability to manage technicians who support of the execution of protocols
- Maintain a properly functional lab including developing standard operating procedures, participating in quality management system, equipment maintenance and service plans, and inventory management
- Ability to analyze data and support analysis of assigned protocols
- Coordinate with the St. Louis based Product Innovation support lab staff resulting in an effective team that works well together with an emphasis on safety and product development
- Limited travel
Qualifications and Experience
- S. degree required and minimum of 2 years of experience in agronomy, seed science, plant physiology, soil science or related areas of study
- Strong background in agronomy or related field, including experience in the research and development of seed-applied technologies
- Experience in running agricultural seed-treatment equipment, and planter in-furrow equipment
- Confident in running both lab and commercial scale seed treatment application equipment
- Good understanding of research project planning, experimental design, and data collection
- Past experience working cooperatively across various functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with sterile/aseptic technique for handling microbes
- Must be able to walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time
- Must be certified to drive a forklift or able to become certified
- Ability to operate both lab and commercial scale seed-treatment equipment
- Must be able to repetitively lift up-to 55 lbs.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
Competitive package in a disruptive startup
Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
401(k) plan, 3% Match
Annual Training & Development support
Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
Hiring Compensation Range: $72,698-$90,873
All remote positions and those not located in our Berkeley, Hayward or Boston locations are paid based on National Benchmark data. Following employment, growth beyond the hiring range is possible based on performance.