At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Information Technology intern to join our team. The goal of an IT intern at Wisk is to ensure that our IT systems and employees are supported with the latest technology. You will be part of the IT team that provides IT services to our employees.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an IT intern to join our IT team. The goal of the IT intern at Wisk is to Help our front end team manage and deploy IT services, applications and systems to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the IT team that manages cloud SaaS applications, laptops and supports our employees. Your goal is to make sure that our IT systems are operating to their full efficiency, helping to automate our environment and optimize where you see opportunity. Your mission is to work closely with the IT Team, help our users and learn our IT environment.
- The successful candidate is currently taking a computer or information systems degree in College or University. They have had experience with Cloud SaaS applications, Computer troubleshooting and excellent customer support.The ability to write code or script would also be desirable. In this role, the candidate must be self-motivated, customer oriented and have good problem solving skills.
What you will do:
- As part of the IT organization you will act as a IT intern for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in deploying new and existing IT systems
- You will support our entire company in their usage of our IT systems
- You will help support optimization activities of our IT systems with IT Leadership, helping to build automation and efficiency
- You will help coordinate the roll-out of our applications
- You will take part in analyzing data and providing metrics on our environment
What you have done:
- You have worked on various Computer Systems, automated software installation or have familiarity with scripting
- You have hands-on experience with computer and pc troubleshooting
- You have built out metrics, graphs and data analysis
- You have provided technical support to users in a school or company environment
- You are familiar with Windows 10 and Mac Operating Systems
- You have experience with a ticket/project management system such as Jira
- Experience with the Google Suite would be a plus
- You have had exposure to metrics and BI systems such as Tableau or Power BI
- You have experience with SaaS applications, Okta Workflows and API integrations
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solutions-oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
Compensation and Benefits:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must live in the US at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be either a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate student in college
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, transcripts are required
- Must be an enrolled student at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for 12 weeks (full-time 3 months)
- Must be able to work pacific standard time (PST)
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $25 an hour
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and flexible time off. On top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.