Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to accelerate both Patch’s climate program as well as the impact of 200+ partners around the world. You will directly own Patch’s policy presence and relationships in Europe while also influencing climate and carbon markets policy more broadly through thought leadership and engagement.
What You'll Do
- Design the strategy and long-term vision of Patch’s policy engagement in Europe and ensure its successful implementation.
- Build external networks and communicate as the face of Patch’s policy team in Europe in broader industry forums and engagements.
- Be the voice for our customers and the industry with elected officials, policymakers, and other influential climate leaders.
- Partner with the rest of the policy team and throughout the company to identify opportunities to operationalize policy insights for our employees, policymakers, customers, communities, and our business.
- Foster a community of collaboration with other climate policy leaders to advance thought leadership and climate action conversations.
Who You Are
- You’re a strategic leader with significant years of experience working on climate-related issues in politics, government, or non-profit organizations.
- You have a deep knowledge of climate and sustainability policy and how decisions are made in the EC and/or UK governments.
- You’re a strategic thinker with advanced verbal/written communications skills, the ability to articulate and communicate complex climate and sustainability concepts in simple terms clearly and succinctly to different audiences, as well as the ability to educate, persuade and inspire people into action.
- You have deep networks in the climate policy space and a strong personal brand.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, comfort with ambiguity, good judgment, and diplomacy.
- You are currently based out of and able to work out of London or Brussels.
Commitment to Diversity:
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.