At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team. The goal of an Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Wisk is to ensure that DFMA related to systems and overall aircraft integration is considered early in the design process, as well as support the team members in their project tasks. These may include support of prototyping and tech maturity activities, input and support of factory layout, support of supplier selection and audits, as well as make/buy decision making, and assessing different production methods and manufacturing readiness of new or existing methods and technologies.
You will be part of the Production Engineering team that is responsible for Factory layouts, capacity planning, scalability plans, crew cycling, tool cycling.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our Production Engineering team. The goal of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Wisk is to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Production Engineering team that develops and designs the production system and supports the production teams in the planning and build of Wisk products. Your goal is to make sure that Design for Manufacturing is incorporated early in the product design phase and to ensure that the Manufacturing Engineering team continues to build on sustainability, efficiency, and quality in Wisk products and processes.
- The successful candidate is a highly knowledgeable people and technical leader who has direct hands-on experience in working manufacturing environments and developing production systems, from initial concept through flight testing and certification, with the technical breadth necessary to interface with multiple functions such as Quality, Supply Chain, Design, Production, and Facilities. In this role, the candidate must be proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated with the ability to inspire and lead by influence a team of like-minded engineers. This person must be a team player and willing to find actionable paths forward between differing viewpoints and priorities.
What you will do:
- As part of the Production Systems organization, and deployed in the Production Engineering department, you will act as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in development of Wisk production systems tools and processes, as well as aid in the layout and implementation of a high rate production facility at the chosen Wisk location.
- You will support team members in efficiently translating increasingly matured designs into manufacturing plans and procedures including new parts and process changes
- You will help support the implementation and usage of Wisk PLM, MES, and ERP systems, as well as other tools related to manufacturing and sustainability, factory simulation, etc.
- You will help coordinate the incorporation of sustainability considerations into design and production in partnership with the Wisk Sustainability Manager.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with Quality teams to learn, develop, and establish APQP principles and methodology at Wisk, as well as provide input to its implementation and enforcement.
- You will also be working closely with Tooling and Equipment group to provide successful production tools and methods
- You will plan and execute tasks in support of Wisk Projects, coordinating with project managers, project team leaders, and other functional leads to align on scope of work, budget, resource allocation, and scheduling.
- As a Manufacturing Engineering Team Manager, you will help define and enforce roles, responsibilities, and scope of work for Manufacturing Engineers.
- As a Team Leader, you will develop growth plans for the team as a whole as well as individuals. You will set yearly goals for the team based on company and department level goals, and also help team members set individual goals in support of personal development as well as business targets. You will be accountable for enabling team members to progress in their careers by providing timely and constructive feedback, encouraging training for personal development, and facilitating connections with other Wisk team members to broaden an individual’s network and gain exposure/experience.
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field
- 8+ years experience as a manufacturing engineer in a production environment, preferably in a high-volume operation and/or aerospace industry
- 2+ years experience as a team manager/lead, preferably in a manufacturing or other technical field
- Comfortable creating new solutions to problems, as opposed to applying tried methods
- Experience working with other engineers to improve the manufacturability of a product (DFMA) while controlling cost and weight
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electronic and electromechanical technologies, including assembly and joining processes
- Proficient and safe use of hand and shop tools
- Familiar with drafting standards/GD&T
- Ability to interpret or create engineering drawings
- Ability to relocate to chosen Wisk high rate facility location
- Proficient in CAD software (Solidworks, Catia, NX)
- Passion for bringing high quality systems and products to manufacturing capability
- Six Sigma or LEAN manufacturing experience/certification
- Experience working with PLM and MES
- Experience using Teamcenter MPP/Easy Plan
- Familiarity with 1 or more of the following: composite layup, composite assembly, battery fabrication, integration, systems test
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $134,099 - $204,912
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.