A better planet with every search - Ecosia
, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 170 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We’re looking for someone to lead our Paid Growth team and performance marketing efforts, helping us scale the Ecosia user base and our climate impact.
As Paid Growth Lead (all genders)
you’ll have at least +5 years of experience in performance marketing. You’ll lead our paid marketing activities across video, search, and social channels, developing our paid growth marketing strategy for Germany, France, the UK, and the USA, and oversee daily operations and optimization across multiple channels. Help us spread the word about Ecosia and inspire millions of people to become more climate active!
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Lead and motivate your team to deliver scalable and positive user growth for Ecosia through performance marketing.
- Establish and facilitate a testing and optimization framework for growth activities across the user funnel.
- Continually test and learn across geographies and user segments, developing new areas for growth and brand development through new and untapped channels.
- Ensure analysis, performance, and reporting of the team’s campaigns, share learnings, and define the next steps for scaling with relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with our in-house Creative team to brief, ideate, and optimize creatives for our campaigns.
- Work with the CMO and other Marketing leads to define marketing strategy and tactics for growth, and define and deliver against targets and benchmarks for your team.
- Use critical thinking and analytical skills to regularly evaluate complex data sets and formulate reporting, insights, and data-driven recommendations.
- Ensure consistency with the Ecosia brand and tone of voice in line with the wider company strategy.
- Use your unique skill set to help us scale Ecosia’s climate impact and the number of trees we plant and protect.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Proven history of increasing awareness, acquisition, and growth at scale across both mobile/app platforms and desktop, with more than five years of experience in performance marketing.
- Extensive B2C experience is preferred, as experience with working with low CLTV, and high volume channel performance.
- A consistent and collaborative approach to work, hands-on when needed with the ability to launch and lead campaigns directly, end-to-end.
- Experience in supporting and building a team, with good project management skills and past examples of collaboration with both Marketing and Product teams.
- Deep expertise in performance marketing, with experience running profitable campaigns across a broad range of activities, some examples could include paid social, video advertising, search, display, and app install campaigns.
- Channels you might have had hands-on experience in include Paid Social (Meta, Tik Tok, etc.) and Google Ads (Search, Display, UAC, and YouTube). Additional experience with Reddit, Outbrain, Taboola, or media buying channels is an added plus.
- Past experience in briefing creatives and working collaboratively with a creative team (internal or external) for both optimizations and new channel creatives.
- Advanced analysis and quantitative skills, with a data-driven approach to work and solutions. You’ll have a good eye for optimization opportunities and experience running channels with a testing mindset.
- Ideally, you’ll have cross-market experience managing campaigns and localization strategies across a range of geographies - Germany, France, the UK, and the USA preferred.
- Experience working with influencers is a plus.
- Keen interest in topics related to climate, nature, and social justice.
- High-Level English language skills; German and/or French are a plus
This role is remote-friendly as long as you’re available between 10 AM-5 PM CET. Ecosia’s marketing teams currently meet regularly in Berlin.
The recruitment process will consist of four steps, including a small assignment. The process will be followed by a reference call in case of an offer. All hiring steps are done remotely.We’d love to hear from you! Apply through our online form and include a short cover letter, your resume, and any examples of relevant experience. Important - due to a high influx of applications, it might take up to a week or two to get back to you. We're thankful for your patience!WHY ECOSIA?
- What if your job made a real difference to the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.- We are a team of more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents non-traditional backgrounds.- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc.- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc. Useful links:
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia?
- Ecosia’s career page
- 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
- Our Manifesto
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.