At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
Why we need you:
- We are looking for a Senior Staff Cable Harness (EWIS) Engineering Leader to drive the technical effort of designing the Gen6 aircraft’s Electrical Wiring Interconnect System (EWIS). In this role you will be leading a team of engineers to develop the EWIS and optimize the KPIs of: functional performance, reliability, cost and weight; while adhering to the aircraft’s system-safety architecture and all relevant FAA regulations. You will be a key technical focal on the Aircraft IPT (Integrated Product Team) with responsibility for the EWIS design. You will also be regularly interacting with technical leaders in the product IPTs that interface with the Aircraft’s EWIS, with the Aircraft EMI/EMC engineering focal(s) to ensure the EWIS supports the Aircraft EMI/EMC Plan, and with the Aircraft Structures team to ensure EWIS routing is optimized within the aircraft structure.
What you will do:
- Rapid prototyping and testing of high-voltage DC automotive (or other industrial) connectors and components to evaluate their safety/reliability for potential use on the Gen6 aircraft.
- Lead in the decision making for connectors, wire types, gauges and insulation to meet program KPIs and Safety requirements. Including presenting rationale to the Chief Engineering team.
- Lead the effort of transforming the EWIS technical strategy into design rules in the Siemens Capital tool set for the engineering team to utilize during detailed design.
- Oversight of EWIS library part creation and release.
- Developing and Reviewing ICDs, Harness Architecture diagrams, Wiring Diagrams / Schematics, Harness Definition / Assembly drawings, and Harness Routing / Installation drawings.
- Represent and present the EWIS technical approach and progress at Aircraft IPT meetings and Program Design Reviews (PDR, CDR and TRR).
What you have done:
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Engineering, with at least 16 years of:
- Experience Designing EWIS systems for commercial or military aircraft (or other safety critical industrial or transportation systems: nuclear, spacecraft, automotive, etc).
- Developing EWIS while adhering to FAA Part 23/25/27 Regulations (including AC25.1701 & AC43.13-1B) and industry standards (AS50881 & DO-160), or equivalent for other safety critical systems / industries.
- Working with suppliers that provide COTS and custom connectors / backshells, wire / insulation, and routing / mounting / attachment components; with a focus on those that supply Mil/Aero and Automotive.
- Experience developing and reviewing EWIS Drawings to design & drafting standards.
- Hands-on experience with cable harness manufacturing and assembly processes (cutting, stripping, crimping, splicing, braiding and testing).
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC practices, including wire separation, harness protection, grounding and bonding to meet HIRF and Lightning requirements (for a composite aircraft).
- Knowledge of High Voltage DC Power Safety Standards.
- Experience with Aircraft EWIS Integration (iron bird and flight test aircraft), including: installation/routing, troubleshooting, signal integrity, fault isolation and repair techniques.
- Experience supporting the Production Final Assembly Line, including installation processes, tooling and non-conformance dispositions.
- Experience leading a technical team of engineers through EWIS development on a new aircraft platform, (or on a major revision of an aircraft platform).
- Hands-on use of the Simens Capital and NX CAD tools for designing and documenting EWIS.
- Experience with Fiber Optics in safety-critical applications (including cutting, polishing, splicing, bending and routing).
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $164,909 - $251,990 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.