We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a IT Systems Project Manager on the IT team, you will work closely with multiple teams within Sila to help organize and drive a variety of complex projects ranging from short term objectives to multi year objectives. You will apply your expertise to enable engineers and administrators to focus on delivering key results tied to company objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build collaborative relationships with business partners across multiple business areas including Finance, Business Development, Legal, Manufacturing, Research and Development, and People Operations to deliver IT projects that meet the business needs and requirements.
- Lead IT implementation, optimization, and integration projects from initiation to completion
- Manage IT project lifecycle through all phases: requirements definition, build/config, test, implement/deploy, and training.
- Own project scope, work plan, risk management, communications, and results
- Own project status updates / project health to business and leadership team
- Develop / present project performance indicators on a regular basis
- Assist Business Owners in defining use cases and requirements.
- Facilitate current and future state process mappings to identify functional gaps, reduce risk, and identify resource requirements.
- Facilitate / Drive removing of blockers with collaborators, implementation team, and leadership
- Prepare test plans and test scripts, and coordinate UAT and issue/bug tracking.
- Develop documents for end user training and support.
- Proactively capture, mitigate and advance issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of standard processes in Data Systems executing and delivery of projects.
- Hire, coach, and support talent through consistent feedback, navigation of challenges, and celebration of wins
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- At least 5 years’ work experience in IT Project Management required with a focus on SaaS and infrastructure Implementation projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple large-scale projects.
- Strong customer service skills. Focused on client’s objectives and diligent to the needs of users.
- Business Process Mapping, Business Problem Analysis, Requirements Definition and leading Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Experience applying standard frameworks (e.g., PMBOK) and Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (e.g., Agile)
- Comfortable in a high-growth and fast-paced environment and leading change
- Prior Experience with Managed Service providers and professional services implementation partners
- Experience with Project Management frameworks (Agile, Waterfall, SDLC methodologies)
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business Administration/related field required.
- Project Management (PMP) Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
- Apply established protocols in a timely manner
- Complete tasks in a noisy environment
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
The starting base pay for this role is between $123,500 and $167,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay within these ranges depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.