At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEW Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Production Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devaut, PA as a Refrigeration & HVAC Technician. This position will be responsible for providing general mechanical and electrical maintenance and upkeep of the equipment and building related to Refrigeration and/or HVAC systems. Other tasks include working with production to increase efficiencies and reduce downtime, providing preventative maintenance and assist with completing work orders.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults on all Refrigeration / HVAC systems
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing the systems
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Provide technical direction and on-the-job training
- Keep daily logs and records of all maintenance functions
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and within OSHA guidelines
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and requirements
- Responsible for all equipment for manufacturing, distributing, and maintaining safe quality food by following good manufacturing practices, food defense, HACCP, BRC requirements, and HVAC temps
- Maintain maintenance standards for efficiencies, continuous improvement, safety, and quality
- Responsible for maintaining and servicing production equipment, completing work orders, and documenting activities
- Maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, root cause analysis, BBSO’s, and driving corrective actions
- Setup and operate various power tools and equipment
- Troubleshooting skills both in electrical and mechanical
- Building and maintaining automation systems and PLCs (Programmable logic controllers)
- Participating in Energy efficiency / cost saving projects
- Sheet metal fabrication and installation
- Operating powered industrial equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, cherry pickers, etc.)
- Operating exhaust and ventilation systems, along with maintaining pressure dependent areas
- Assists the building and equipment maintenance teams with general building repairs, electrical troubleshooting and repairs, and other general maintenance activities
- Check temperature, pressure, chemicals, valves, gauges, compressors, pumps, refrigerators, & freezers
- Must be able to read complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience as a Refrigeration / HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education
- Valid driver's license
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols
- Possess an active Type 4 universal EPA certification
- Strong knowledge of industrial ammonia and nitrogen refrigeration operation in a food industry environment preferred
- Current Ammonia Operating License
- Sheet metal fabrication; welding (TIG, MIG, Stick experience needed); soldering;
- Arc flashing training / OSHA knowledge
- CMMS software knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans
- Knowledge/experience in food/beverage manufacturing facility
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, consistently lifting up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Requires working outside in external temperatures from below freezing to extreme heat, including external weather conditions
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $31.25 and $41.00. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits. Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.