Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.About the position: Many of the businesses we work with to take climate action work with us in collaboration with a partner - for example in the carbon accounting, ESG reporting or consultancy space. You will own Patch’s relationships with our existing partners like Persefoni, Normative and Doconomy to help scale climate action and divert funds to climate projects by enabling their clients to access the Patch platform.
What You’ll Do:
Build relationships – You’ll get to know our partners intimately, including Fortune 500 consulting firms, major carbon accounting providers, ESG reporting, and top-tier sustainability consulting firms across Europe
Drive positive commercial outcomes - You’ll own commercial negotiations with our partners, putting in commercial structures that are win-win for both sides and drive adoption of the Patch platform.
Think strategically - you’ll identify where we can mutually add most value to a partner’s customer base, propose the right partner model (eg referral, fully integrated experience) and build shared strategic roadmaps. You’ll demonstrate the value of Patch’s product while drawing feedback to inform the company’s roadmap.
Enable partners for success - You will build account plans that drive revenue growth, train partner teams and collaborating with Patch and Partner marketing and sales teams on creative campaigns and activations
Build our playbook for managing and scaling Patch’s business with our existing channel partners
Advocate internally - You’ll act as the voice of our channel partners to internal stakeholders like product and engineering.
Enable – You’ll spend time sharing the collective Patch climate expertise, educating and enabling partners on the ins and outs of all things related to sustainability and the capabilities of Patch.
Who You Are:
- Experienced partner manager / leader with significant years of experience who has directly built or been part of the growth of a partnership function at a high-growth startup
- Experienced within and or excited to learn about climate tech, carbon management ecosystems, and players in the industry.
- An operator who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work collaboratively to support our partners’ most important business needs
- A creative partner – we are building the future we want, the road is uncharted, and we are building alongside our partners. You are an advocate for our partners and can put yourself in their shoes to drive business value for them.
- A high-functioning, low-maintenance individual that will take ownership and build with confidence and strategic foresight who can blend the long-term vision with short-term execution
- You are directly experienced in managing complex sales models for enterprise GTM motions
- You are currently based out of Europe (preferably London) or North America (EST time zone) and happy to work in EST Timezone hours with a global partner portfolio, but primarily in Europe and the Americas
Commitment to Diversity:
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States is $50,000-$200,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.