Sunwealth is a clean energy investment firm on a mission to change who benefits from renewable energy by changing the way we invest in it. We envision a future where renewable energy is accessible, affordable and inclusive. We invest in that future by financing and managing renewable energy projects that benefit diverse communities through clean power, carbon reduction, cost savings and job creation. Sunwealth offices are located in Cambridge’s Porter Square and New York City’s Financial District.
The Accounting Associate will play a key role on a small team and assist the Director of Accounting in managing the financial and accounting processes of the company.
If you thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment and are looking to join a team motivated to create economic and environmental impact across all communities, we want to hear from you.
- Assist the Director of Accounting with all internal and external reporting, including but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and financial audits.
- Prepare and analyze the P&L and balance sheet accounts and reconciliations, as directed by the Director of Accounting.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliations.
- Manage the accounts payable function, and effectively communicate payments internally and externally.
- Prepare, set up and make invoice payments for all construction projects, including all applicable backup for payment approval.
- Execute quarterly investor payments in Banking system: includes creating and updating templates and making payments.
- Make quarterly intercompany transfers for intercompany loan payments and insurance/project management payments.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing and payments cycle.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Director of Accounting.
- Prepare special project analyses for the Project Managers and others.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects to support all groups within the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience with all MS Office programs, particularly Excel, and accounting software.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or other forms of accounting software a plus.
- 0-2 years’ experience in accounting, business administration, or other similar commercial
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion. Desire to take ownership of work, follow through on tasks, and orientation to
- Skilled in working with cross-functional teams to achieve overall business
- Ability to manage multiple issues and clearly articulate outcomes, concerns and
- Team player who recognizes learning opportunities and can flex to fill different roles in a small organization and fast-paced
- Desire to take on a key role in making an impact in the social investing
- Experience in project finance or development a plus.
- Smart, effective and highly motivated team committed to creating generational change in renewable energy
- Casual, collaborative and results-driven work environment
- Beautiful, bright and centrally located offices that are accessible by public transit
- Competitive compensation package, including equity ownership
- Health insurance, including medical, dental and vision
- 401K plan
- Opportunities for professional development
- Team lunches/company social events
Sunwealth recognizes the ever-changing reality of the COVID-19 pandemic and prioritizes the health and safety of its employees. At a minimum Sunwealth adopts the strictest of the CDC, state, or local guidelines, and we revise internal policies regularly as guidelines change. We anticipate maintaining a hybrid model post-pandemic, allowing for remote work while ensuring regular opportunities for engagement with teammates in the office. We require anyone working from or visiting the office to be fully vaccinated.
Sunwealth is strongly committed to equality of opportunity and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We endeavor to build a workplace environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
Due to the volume of resumes, it may not be feasible for us to follow up with every candidate. If you do proceed with our hiring process, please note we will ask for professional and personal references.