Human Rights Specialist
France, Paris (+ home office)
Full time position, local contract
Starting date : March/April 2023
WHO WE ARE
PUR is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR is a B Corp company which employs over 160 people with a presence in 10 countries.
PUR is recruiting a Human Rights Specialist to join the Projects team.
As a member of the Pole of Expertise, you will report to the Human Rights Lead; and will participate in the roll-out of PUR’s Human Rights Due Diligence (HRDD) action plan. In this role, your responsibilities will include :
- Accompany the design of PUR’s strategic vision and roadmap related to human rights, providing knowledge on relevant approaches, solutions and tools.
- Support teams as a specialist on challenges related to the protection of fundamental human rights and the promotion of social justice, with a particular focus on labour rights, communities and indigenous people, livelihoods, gender concern, etc.
- Support Projects teams and client facing Programs teams with the introduction of HRDD within conceptual design of projects in anticipation of feasibility studies.
- Participate in client meetings when needed to ensure successful roll-out of the HRDD action plan.
- Review existing methodologies and analyse main projects from a rightsholder's perspective.
- Provide technical oversight of the global project portfolio and carrying responsibility for the technical execution of parts of all projects related to your expertise, many of which will be in the hands of local Projects teams.
- Stay up to date with industry best practice (through networking and capacity building..).
You are highly efficient and capable of handling diverse tasks; you are an expert in human rights; you have demonstrated excellent organisational skills and are a team player who is looking to add value in setting up efficient processes within a growing company, this position is for you !
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Masters’ degree or equivalent, specialized in Human rights, International Development, Sustainability, Environmental or Social science.
- Relevant 3-5 years of professional experience in a comparable environment, or within services or business management.
- Experience working on the implementation of HRDD, human rights impact assessment and/or human rights strategy.
- Relevant expertise in business & human rights stakes and concrete solutions for their promotion and protection.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental and social responsibility issues related to complex supply chains, and nature-based solutions is a great asset.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills : verbal communication, written reports..
- Fluency in English. French and/or Spanish would be a strong plus.
- Able to travel when necessary.
Recruitment process :
- Case study
- Reference check